Thanks to simpleek for nominating me for this wonderful award! The VBA is basically what its title states, an award given to bloggers for their versatility. Those who have been nominated are also automatically winners. I consider myself still a beginner at all this blogging business, but am extremely flattered to be chosen nonetheless. Here are the rules for the VBA:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select [up to] 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award—you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
For the nomination part of the process, here are 8 blogs whose colorful array of topics I very much enjoy (random order):
- the beautiful world, by foxy lady and neko
Dedicated in title to the anime, Kino no Tabi, the beautiful world catalogs the discoveries of two wonderful bloggers in such topics as anime, music, manga, and illustrations. My entrance to them was through a post about xxxHOLiC on Yi’s blog, Listless Ink.
- Beneath the Tangles, by TWWK, Goldy, Murasaki Lynna, R86, and Zeroe4
While I’m not exactly new to this site, there are several new writers whose voices I’ve just started to become familiarized with. A blog with Christianity and spirituality in mind, I enjoy their interpretations on anime and manga despite my own agnostic views.
- Baka Laureate, by krizzlybear
I first stumbled across krizzlybear when I spotted a piece about Apple Curry and Mawaru Penguindrum. Now, for those of you who know me: I cannot resist anything to do with food. Baka Laureate isn’t dedicated to food in topic, but covers everything from episodic reviews, Editorials, fan-fiction, and ISML coverage.
- EmptyBlue, by feal87
feal87 has been around just as short of a time as me, and yet took off at a sprint almost right from the beginning. This can be attributed not only to his huge area of coverage of episodic reviews, but also because of how awesome he is at making sure to visit and comment on many other blogs. I still struggle with this as I’m a natural lurker. Topics include anime, visual novels, manga, and lots and lots of artwork.
- Lost in America, by Guardian Enzo
I am continually stunned at the staggering amount of anime that Enzo is able to cover from season to season. Amassing both episodic reviews almost in the double digits, along with season previews and reviews, Lost in America is regularly updated at a surprising speed by its lone blogger. And quantity by no means affects quality, as each of his entries are written with great thought and wit. I also look forward to his coverage of the HBO TV series, the 2nd season of Game of Thrones.
- Lemmas and Submodalities, by SnippetTee
You can get a hint of the writer’s originality and intelligence just from the title alone–SnippetTee’s writing style is both graceful and poignant. And though the topics center mostly on anime, the range of approaches is extremely wide. If you’re looking to stretch your intellectual boundaries, I suggest giving this blog a try.
- Draggle’s Anime Blog, by draggle
I cannot get enough of draggle’s hilarious image-heavy posts. Inane babble, step aside! Here’s a blogger who isn’t afraid of striking to the heart of the topic and cutting out any unnecessary discussion. I appreciate draggle’s sense of humor in large part because I tend to have trouble inserting any into my own writing.
- Listless Ink, by Yi
I had to conduct a wide search to find a blogger with such interesting views on fashion and sexuality in anime and manga (though simpleek is one as well). A good percentage of the entries are written in academic essay format, editorial, and do take a large amount of time and thought to process. They’re never quick and dirty reads.
Now for the 7 things about myself (though my recent 50-question survey covers this already):
- Despite my profession for non-pickiness when it comes to food, there are some that I avoid: okra, celery, dark chocolate, overly sweet candies, ice cream, and some others that are slipping my mind.
- My current go-to espresso drink is a white chocolate mocha with creme de menthe (think chocolate mint ice cream in coffee form)
- I have extreme rage issues with video games; I cannot count the number of times I’ve yelled at the computer screen when playing Left 4 Dead 2. Don’t play on expert realism if you friendly fire!
- I have been obsessively buying nail polish every time I’ve gone to the store for the past couple of months–particularly those made by Essie
- I currently live in a dry cabin (no running water), a type of housing that is very popular in Alaska, particularly for college students who have a small budget. I have to haul water in 5-6 gallon jugs every month or so.
- My hair takes 15-20 minutes to blow dry. Curse my mother for giving me her overly thick hair!
- When I don’t want to deal with my morning bangs, I slip on a stretchy head band Tainaka Ritsu style (and I used to be a percussion major in undergrad, too)
26 thoughts on “Versatile Blogger Award Nomination”
I find it funny that we both mention video game rage as one of our random 7. But it really is bad. You know you are getting too into a game when you start yelling at your characters or curse your TV. XD
:p I’m usually yelling at either players (to myself), “OMG, YOU SUCK!!!!!” or at the NPCs, who are useless on realism. This usually results in my rage quitting. It’s gotten so bad that nowadays I just play with people on my friends list who I know play well.
Kyah~! You’re embarrassing me! Thanks for the nomination! And congratulations, you deserve it!
Kyah!!! Be embarrassed, because it’s cute! You’re very welcome 🙂
actually the link to draggle’s blog doesn’t lead me there… a slip need to be fixed
Thank you for the nomination, it’s really such an honour to be recognized. I don’t know if you remember, but I actually asked to exchange links with you because I adore your blog. ^^
Your own posts are such a joy to read, and commenting on them always takes a lot of forethought. I’m so thankful that you exchanged links with me because I’m pretty bad at hunting down new blogs on my own :p
Doesn’t Guardian Enzo already write for Ranodm Curiosity? That’s pretty impressive
Yes, he does. He started with Lost in America before being asked to write for Random Curiosity. I actually found his blog through AnimeSuki Forums where we’re both members–I always found his posts extremely well informed and randomly decided to click on the link in his signature.
I’m so stunned that I got mentioned! Thank you very much! 🙂 I’m so happy that Yi offered me a chance to get more well-known and I’ll say it again that I’m glad that you liked my post 🙂
Well, you certainly deserve the commendation! I love Yi’s voice, but when I read that post I was stunned at how different the style was until I discovered that it was written by someone else. Keep on writing 🙂
Thanks a lot for nominating me – I’m touched! I’ll do my best to live up to those kind words.
You’re welcome 🙂 Your blog is my go-to blog when it comes to episodic analysis; you often clarify scenes that had me confused.
Congrats, you deserve it!
That reminds me, I too, need to comment more on other’s blogs and stop being such a lurker…
Yes, we lurkers are bad for business! :p
I’m so flattered! Thanks for the nomination…:)
You’re welcome 🙂
Thanks for the mention! Of course, you already know how much I enjoy your blog. 🙂
Along with the 50 questions post recently, too, I know so much more about you now. These more personal posts are a lot of fun!
They are fun, aren’t they? :p I enjoy reading your answers on Twitter!
Ahh…Now this takes me back to my days in the Blogger’s Faction on GT. I’ll never forget winning Best Commentor(sp?) during it’s peak. I’m kinda the opposite of you in that reguard. Lol.
I must say you really are a deserving blogger. I mean I’m not even part of this community, but always make sure I read your blogs. Yes even the last two I didn’t comment on. Sorry about that btw. Still the fact I do come here just for your blogs says something right?
My apologies to both you and the bloggers you listed. I have no doubt that they are amazing bloggers and I’d love to check them all out, but I’m limited to a phone and it’s not a smart phone. So I hope all of you understand.
Okay for fun I’ll comment on each fact and/or share a related fact.
1. Dark chocolate and icecream really surprise me tbh. Personally I love cookie dough icecream. As for stuff I dislike pork, milk, mayo, water, quite a bit actually. Though I love to try new stuff even if I doubt I’ll like.
Sorry looks like two comments.
2. I’m not a coffee drinker or a fan of mint myself. I’m a tea guy. I’m liking mango/peach white tea and cinnamon black tea lately.
3. I’m actually surprised by both the rage and the game genre. You just seem so sweet it’s a bit jarring lol. As for me I kinda only rage at my own play. I’m real understanding of others, but if I’m playing badly profanity will fly and I’ll likely punch my leg in frustration.
4. Well I’ll just say I have long finger nails that are currently a dark sparky purple thanks to a friend of mines girlfriend.
5. Sounds like some extra work. Also less water than I’d expect. I’m actually in a camper these days. Hopefully temporarily.
6. You must have some long hair as well. My hair is about waist long, but thin. Though I don’t like blow dryers so I dunno how long one would take.
7. I can understand that, but bangs are often cute.
Lastly since this blog has personal elements I figure it’s as good a time as any to ask how you’re doing on those goals of yours? Outta space again…lol
I enjoy reading every one of your comments, and I always appreciate longtime readers coming by no matter the time in between comments 🙂 And thank you for your kind words! I will try to live up to them.
Part of why I don’t really eat ice cream is because I just get tired of the flavor and sweetness very quickly. I can never finish a serving of ice cream unless it’s only one scoop. Like you, I also steer away from plain milk and water. I prefer almond milk, strawberry milk, and water is just boring. I think I would die if I didn’t have mayo for favorite snacks like egg salad sandwiches and tuna melts.
I drink both coffee and tea, though am definitely more of a coffee person. That’s probably because I make espresso drinks so much for other people, and so naturally drink on the side to keep myself awake. White tea is delicious!
My hair is actually pretty short, about the same length as Tainaka Ritsu’s, or as my anime drawn version on my About Me page. I have to have the haircutter thin my hair out and layer it every time so I don’t get the Christmas tree effect.
I’m glad you like the personal elements 🙂 I usually try to keep those to my Twitter, but they sometimes sneak into my blog posts now and then.
My goals are pretty out of reach at the moment. I have lost a bit of weight thanks to eating a more balanced diet, but I’m still struggling with my Thesis.
Lol okay on the icecream front I may eat too fast to tire of any flavor I like so that may explain that. People always ask me if I even taste my food.
Yay for a fellow almond milk fan! It’s my favorite source for calcium and awesome in cereal.
I’m sure it comes as no surprise that I don’t like any of the mayo based salads. I do like plain tuna though.
I’m sure you can reach goals. They both seem attainable so don’t say impossible. If you put your mind too it you can get them. I have no doubt.
This seems like such a good thing, Bringing bloggers together, How wonderful 🙂
I’m glad you think so 🙂 I’ve already seen it passed around to more bloggers, and it gives me joy discovering new people who I haven’t read before.